What is the Delta Plus Variant?
Public health officials in India are talking about another coronavirus variant, which they are calling “Delta Plus variant.”
The Delta plus variant is a mutant version of B.1.617.2 strain known as the delta variant.
For comparison at the original strain, the alpha variant now the delta one, we noticed that there is a difference in transmissibility.
This variant was more dangerous than the original Delta variant.
Variants of Concern (VOC)
Among the factors that the WHO has considered for the operational definition for variants of concern are :
- Increased transmissibility.
- Stronger binding in receptors of lung cells.
- Potential reduction in monoclonal antibody response.
Where has the Delta Plus Variant been Detected?
India has reported around 40 cases of delta plus variant in Maharashtra, Kerala, and Madhya Pradesh.
Besides India, it has been found in 9 other countries in the USA, UK, Portugal, Switzerland, Japan, Poland, Nepal, China, and Russia.
Symptoms of Delta Plus Variant :
- Fever, dry cough and feeling tired.
- Chest pain.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- Common symptoms sore throat.
- Loss of taste and smell.
Delta Plus Variant Precautions :
- Stay home or go out only when extremely necessary.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet while meeting people.
- Use sanitizer when meeting people.
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds several times a day.
- If you have to go out of the home for important work, then use a double mask.
- Vaccination should be prioritized.
Are Vaccines Effective Against this Variant?
Covishield and covaxin are effective against the delta variant, studies are underway in India to assess the effectiveness of vaccines against delta plus.
Lycos Ceramic advises you and your loved ones to be safe and healthy.